Saturday, September 18, 2010

Let the sunshine in!

This is a new listing on Etsy.  I make this by rolling out stoneware clay and sculpting the features.  I used a stamp for the cheeks.  Glazed in a sunny yellow, this sun is one of my daughter's faves.  In fact, she has the first one I ever did.  I think she's my biggest fan.  Well, she's awesome and I love to give her my art.  She was with me through all the years of schlepping pottery to craft shows.  I finally got to a point where I said NO MORE CRAFT SHOWS.  My back can't take it anymore.  Packing up, unpacking, setting up, sitting all day and then doing it all in reverse.  That's HARD WORK.  I don't miss it at all!!!


I worked on some cute trays today made by pressing hosta leaves into rolled out clay.  I made some little leaf dishes to go with them and some chopstick holders.  So I'm thinking they will be sushi trays.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and thanks for visiting!!