Saturday, August 13, 2011

New kind of ring holder


I was playing around with some left over clay the other day and I had this inspiration for a ring holder.  I know other people hand build them but I usually do them on the wheel(easier).  So I  started pinching the saucer and decided it needed some stamps.  My first choice is always something with stars.  Yea, I'm that kind of person, ;)

I rolled out a little cone and then attached the two together. It's glazed in a pretty, speckled blue with darker blue on the cone.  I love the way it turned out and made several more with different textures, glazes, and stamps.

This one is in brown clay with butterfly stamps and a little butterfly cutout.

This one has butterflies stamped around the cone in a pretty  blueish gray over tan speckled clay.
They will eventually all be in my Etsy shop.  Some may make the trip to the mountains but not much is selling there.  I'm not sure what to think of all the changes made in the Etsy search.  I hope it will mean more views and sales.  I had to go in change quite a few titles to have the most pertinent words at the beginning of each title.  Just when I thought I was hitting my stride with sales.  Not so many that I can't keep up but enough to keep me busy.  I look at some shops that have 10 or 15 sales in a day and I think, wow, that would be awesome.  But then I think wow, that's a lot of WORK!!. So we'll see how this all shakes out and I know Christmas shoppers are just waiting in the wings!!!

What new things are you making?

3 comments:

  1. That's a cool ring holder! They are great for keeping in the kitchen for when you are doing messy work and need to remove your rings. Cleaning flour out of rings isn't fun.

    Congrats on your Etsy sales! Wow!

    I like relevancy over recency much better, and I had already been working on my titles and descriptions before they changed it. They gave a heads up in the Etsy newsletter.

    I am working on some more new necklaces, and I have some seaglass to play with :D

    Have a great weekend Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the sales. It will be interesting to see how the Holiday shopping season does for us all. Love the ring holder with the butterfly on the side. Very cute! I was never crazy about butterflies until I moved into this house and our gardens attract so many. Now I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are beautiful! I love love looove the second one with a butterfly. I didnät even know that such thing as ring holder existed, my rings are always missing so I should buy one of these :)

    PS: Your blog lottery prize started it's long journey yesterday: http://roseberrystyle.blogspot.com/2011/08/winners-of-lottery-arpajaisten.html

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and thanks for visiting!!