Friday, September 30, 2011

Magnolias-large and small

These hand built magnolias came out of the kiln this week!  I have been a little rushed trying to get them done. Each one takes about an hour to pinch out each individual petal and center cone and assemble.  They have to dry for several weeks before I'm ready to fire them. Glazed in an opaque white with light green highlights.  The speckled clay gives it an added dimension.  Each one is unique.  I do both large ones that are about 12" dia. and medium size that are about 8" dia.  They really make a statement as a centerpiece for the dining room table.  I have one on mine.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I had no idea it took clay that long to dry. You must have a lot of patience, but it sure is worth it when you get beautiful results like this!

    I was visiting some site, can't remember...but I did remember you deer problem this past spring. They suggested using homemade pepper spray made with habanero's. I bet you can Google it..I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and thanks for visiting!!