Saturday, May 10, 2014

I really am still here!


I've been neglecting my blog for waaayy too long.  Somehow life just seems to get in the way!  I've been pretty busy in my shop making things.  I never remember to take pictures but did this time. 

This is hand built project of a 3 tube utensil holder/organizer.  I had one in my Etsy shop and it sold so naturally that means I have make another one!  This will have to dry about 2 weeks before it goes in the kiln the first time.  But it's warm here now so drying shouldn't be a problem.  Actually, I will leave it covered for a few days to keep it from drying too fast which can lead to cracking.


3 slabs were rolled out with the slab roller and wrapped around the cardboard tubes that my rolls of bubble wrap come on.  They are the perfect size.  And I hate to throw them away.  

This is the next day with the tubes removed.


This shows the stamped designs and the bottom added.  All one piece for the bottom and that ties the tubes together.

Big sunflower sculpture and 2 flower horn sconces

This is a crescent moon face with sleeping sun face

Various jars, ring holders, bowls

Soap pumps and bowls


This was today's work.  These will be honey jars, garlic keepers and a soap pump on the left

Garlic keeper and lid and a spinning bowl(right side).  This will all be trimmed tomorrow morning.






 I hope to be back posting more this year.  Sometimes it feels like there are just too many options for on line presence.  Do I post to facebook, flicker, twitter?  I don't want to be obnoxious.  But I'll try to post when something is interesting.  And, hopefully, I'll get the finished pieces posted here so you can see how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and thanks for visiting!!