Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back in the groove

It's been a beautiful day here today.  It was 51 this morning before the sun got up and then stayed around 80- 81 for the afternoon.

I spent the day yesterday throwing on the wheel.  Shapes that I call pump/cruets.  They'll either be soap pumps or oil cruets. Sooo, pump/cruet.  Those soap pumps seem to be very popular and I love making them.  Each one is a little different from the last.  That's what I love about the clay.  Even though I know I want to make a pump/cruet, each one turns out totally unique.  I'm not so much into making copies of the same thing.  What fun would that be!!!

Today was spent enjoying the sunshine and being outside with nature.  Walking in the woods with the dogs, puttering around in the garden clipping this and that, sitting in the backyard, firing up the grill, watching the dog eat sticks.  Seriously, the dogs eat more sticks than regular dogfood!

I'm finally getting rested from all the happenings here and feeling like myself again.  It's been a whirlwind of activity and I don't miss it one bit.  Glad to sit and stare off into space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and thanks for visiting!!