Friday, March 25, 2011

Bog garden continued

peat moss, sand and dirt mixture
with enough water to make it
soupy.
The bog has been filled with a mixture of peat moss, dirt and sand.  I mixed it all together in a wheel barrow and shoveled it in.  Then topped it off with more water.  It's pretty soupy but has enough body to make newly planted things stand up.  The plants I put around the outside are starting to come up and I've put pickeral weed in the bog.  The pitcher plants came yesterday and those went in as well.  As things start to grow and get taller, it will hopefully look like something, not just a hole in the ground.



Echo is checking it out.  There are
already paw prints.

Cute little garden flag by Cobaltquilter on Etsy!  
The garden flag is from Cobaltquilter, one of my Design Style Guide peeps on Etsy. I hung it by unwinding a coat hanger and slipping it onto the wire and closing up again. http://www.etsy.com/shop/Cobaltquilter

More pix as it grows.  I can't wait to see it!!  I have to be patient.  That's one thing that gardening teaches me, patience.


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait to see it in all it's boggy wondermous myself! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a story long time ago, about the bogs in Scotland. Can't wait to see how yours develops.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and thanks for visiting!!