Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In The Army Now!

Jad and Keshia
I'm both proud and anxious.  My son is going off to Basic training today.  He passed his physical and is headed to boot camp.  Studying aviation electronics.  We had a fun family dinner Saturday night with the whole family.  Taco salad, one of Jad's favorites.  Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and red and blue sprinkles to give it a red, white, and blue theme.  Our daughter-in-law, Keshia,  will live with us while he's gone.

Amanda and Jad
Classic pose for them
It's always great fun with the family all together. Our daughter, Amanda, is the light of my life.  She's beautiful, funny, smart, hard working, everything parents could ask for.

Jad will be seeing his efforts finally come through.  This process started over a year ago with ups and downs along the way.  He's going to great.  We'll think of it as an adventure.


Amanda and Clint
Julie, Jad and David
Jad's name stands for Julie and David.
Unique but not weird!

4 comments:

  1. Cute family! Best of luck to your son on his new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think of the awesome party you will have when he comes home! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your kind comments. It means alot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when my son went off to the army. I cried for 2 days. I think the emotions overwhelm you sometimes. He was so looking forward to it and I missed him terribly, but he looks back on it now with fondness. He's been out since 2003.
    I wish your son all the best and may God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and thanks for visiting!!