Remember this project? After it dried for a couple of weeks, I finally got it bisqued fired. That means it was fired the first time just to get it solid and ready to be glazed. Well, it sat around on the counter waiting patiently to be glazed. I didn't have room in my kiln for it with all the other things I was trying to get done. It took up one whole side of the kiln so I had to wait until I had just a few things to fire at one time.
|I used canna leaf and arrowhead leaf molds for the body|
|And this is after glazing with a blueish green glaze called Smokey Mountain.|
It's a glossy to slightly matte glaze that looks totally different on my brown clays
than it does on anything else. I think it's gorgeous. I love the drips and runs.
|You can see the impressions from the leaf molds I used.|