Saturday, September 27, 2014

Canisters and canisters

I've been working on large canisters for the last few weeks.  These were thrown several weeks ago.  I threw the lids upside down and then trim and turn right side up to add the looped handles.  Some jars got little looped handles on the sides as well.




This is a 6-7 cup capacity jar.

This one will hold 4 cups


This will hold 5 cups


I've been getting a work out throwing 4 lbs of clay at a time to do these large jars.  I usually throw in the 1-2 lb range but it's nice to stretch myself as an artist to see if I can do it.  I love to make jars of all sizes.  They are so handy to have around and beautiful, too.  Dress up the kitchen or bathroom with practical storage.

1 comment:

  1. These are each and every one - wonderful! I really love the first one and all the glazes are beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and thanks for visiting!!